1. First party auto insurance coverage types:• Comprehensive – This form of auto insurance coverage is used to pay for the damage to the insured car caused by anything outside direct collision. Usually, it covers damage caused by fire, theft, windstorm, vandalism and other unforeseen events.
• Collision – As the name suggests, this form of coverage applies when the insured vehicle is damaged in a course of collision with another object (car, pole, fence, etc.)
• Towing and Roadside Assistance – This type of coverage applies when you need technical assistance for evacuating your car from the road.
• Rental Reimbursement – This form of auto insurance coverage applies when your insured vehicle is impossible to drive or undergoes repair and you need to use a rental car a car for everyday activities.
• Uninsured Motorist Coverage – This type of coverage acts in case your car ends up in an accident with a driver who doesn't have auto insurance. It will pay for the damage to the vehicle as well as injuries inflicted to the driver and passengers of the insured car.
• Underinsured Motorist Coverage – This form of auto insurance coverage is somewhat similar to Uninsured Motorist Coverage, however there are some differences. It is used to fill in the gap between the actual costs of repairing damages to your vehicle, and the amount of insurance coverage of the other driver involved, if it is not sufficient to cover your expenses.
• Medical Payment Coverage – This type of auto insurance coverage reimburses medical costs for injuries inflicted to the driver or passengers in the insured vehicle no matter who was at fault in the accident.
2. Third party liability auto insurance coverage types:• Bodily Injury – This type of coverage pays for the medical costs and other related expenses due to injuries the driver of the insured vehicle has caused to the driver or passengers of another vehicle.
• Property Damage – This type of coverage is similar to Bodily Injury, however it pays for the damage inflicted to property, including other cars as well as elements of infrastructure.